Family Practice w/ OB
Federal Way Medical
Responsible for provision of comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care, ambulatory clinic, and hospital setting, including prenatal, labor and delivery.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic, working independently and interdependently with other HealthPoint providers.
- Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and complete documentation in patient records and superbills.
- Participate in patient triage system.
- Participate in a shared call system with other providers.
- Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with HealthPoint credentialing policy.
- Provide inpatient care for HealthPoint patients, to include prenatal, antepartum, post partum, neonatal, and medically-associated obstetrical care.
- Dispense medications from on site dispensary in accordance with HealthPoint and State of Washington Pharmacy Board policies.
- Provide consultation to other clinic providers, either in person or by telephone.
- Consult with clinic physicians, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Assist with meeting clinic patient care team productivity and quality care standards.
- Participate in development and utilization of HealthPoint practice guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in audits and meet standards of HealthPoint Quality Improvement, Risk Management and Utilization Management programs.
- Maintain credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification, society memberships and CPE.
- Maintain hospital privileges by attending department and committee meetings.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service meetings and participate in agency committees or task force activities.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy, as an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) or D.O.. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine).
- Board certified or board eligible in family practice.
- Licensed as a physician in the state of Washington