This position is responsible for performing front office functions including telephone activities, patient appointment scheduling, patient registration, computer data entry, collection of payments, and maintaining patient records systems in a manner which promotes quality patient service. Provides excellent customer service to patients.
** Spanish skills required **
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clinic patients and visitors as appropriate, which include checking-in all patients by entering patient data into computer system. Ensure accuracy of all data including income, address and insurance verification. Collect patient fees and provide patients with receipts for office visit and medication refills.
- Ensure patient needs and requests are handled efficiently.
- Schedule patient initial and follow up appointments ensuring efficient use of provider time and the appropriate care for patients according to HealthPoint procedures including accessing and updating patient information.
- Maintain schedule accuracy for maximum patient flow by checking schedule a minimum of five clinic working days ahead, confirming provider date and times are correct, identifying and correcting inaccuracies or mistakes to schedule and ensuring that unique events and provider administrative time are accurately reflected on the clinic schedule.
- Follow established procedures for answering and screening incoming appointment-related telephone calls, scheduling interpreters, directing calls to appropriate staff and taking messages.
- Maintain effective communication with back office staff and providers as needed to appropriately “work in” additional patient visits on providers’ schedules.
- Distribute appropriate forms and provide instructions to patients according to HealthPoint procedures.
- Enroll patients into special state programs as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical college or certificate degree; plus nine-months to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.