Pre-Health students interested in pursuing a career as a primary care physician and working with the underserved may apply for the HealthPoint Pre-Health Experience.
- Meeting students/residents in the field of your interest
- Meeting professionals in the field of your interest
- Observation of Grand Rounds including all students/learners at HealthPoint: Dental Students, Dental Residents, Naturopathic Residents, Behavioral Health Residents, Behavioral Health Interns, Behavioral Health Pre-Interns, and Pharmacy Students.
- Observation of meetings to get an idea of clinic operations.
- Volunteering at HealthPoint (Minimum of 32 hours).
- This experience will be personalized based on your interest in the following disciplinary field(s): Behavioral Health, Dental, Medical, and Pharmacy
- Understand what a Community Health Center is.
- Gain experience working with underserved populations.
- Meeting providers and learners in your chosen field.
- Learn about the medical home model and Complementary and Integrative Health
- Gain professional skills in the workplace and classroom environment.
- Medical Only: Learn about the path to medical school and Osteopathic Medical School (A.T. Still University)
Apply for a Pre-Health Experience
Due to COVID-19 and the safety of our staff, patients, and others, we are providing limited opportunities. For any questions related to the Pre-Health Experience or application, please contact Chris Schei.
To apply for the Pre-Health Experience at HealthPoint, complete this application.
Please note that volunteering at HealthPoint is a requirement of this Experience.