Support Us

Building a new community Health and Wellness Center in Tukwila

 HealthPoint is excited to join forces with the City of Tukwila to develop 2.24-acres of land in the heart of the new Tukwila Village on Tukwila International Boulevard.  Within that space, HealthPoint will build a 30,000 square foot clinic that will offer a complete range of primary care services including medical care, health and wellness, dental care, behavioral health, medication management, and pharmacy services. Building a healthy community, however, is about much more than providing great health care.

We know that 20% of an individual’s health is related to health care.  The remaining 80% is due to social determinants of health like safe housing, nutritious food, and more.  That’s why HealthPoint plans to work with a wide range of multi-sector partners that can contribute to making Tukwila a healthy and vibrant place to live. 

Project Background

In 2019, HealthPoint conducted an in-depth community and stakeholder engagement process with the goal of understanding community needs and priorities and identifying potential partners who could be part of this exciting development. Some priorities that came out of this process included:  

• Collaborating with a housing partner to develop approximately 100-125 to 175 units of affordable housing with a priority of housing families at risk of displacement  

• Integrating space for local business—particularly those that can highlight the cultural diversity and vibrancy of Tukwila  

• Developing space for community gatherings and for local non-profits that are well positioned to address social issues that impact health  

• Partnering with an organization that can deliver fitness and recreation programming on Tukwila International Boulevard  

• Engaging employment and education providers to promote economic wellbeing  

• Providing space for an early childhood development center or childcare.  

• Creating space for educational and employment support services, small local business, and more.

• Providing flexible space and ongoing community engagement will allow us to refine our vision and meet changing community needs.

Next Steps: HealthPoint has purchased 88,000 square foot from the City of Tukwila for $3,850,000, a million of which has been funded through a capital grant from the Department of Commerce. HealthPoint has also purchased an additional 22,000 square foot of adjacent property from a private seller. This additional land will allow us to partner with a wide range of agencies to achieve the full vision of the project. The total project cost for the land purchase and development is estimated at over $100,000,000, which will be funded through grants, a capital campaign, and other financing instruments. HealthPoint is now actively engaging potential partners to determine who is interested and able to play a role in this important project.  

Community Partners:

Community Partners

SHAG Housing

YMCA

Global to Local

City of Tukwila

Somali health Board

Neighborhood House

Spice Bridge

Sullivan Center

King county Library – Tukwila branch

 

To learn more, please contact:

• Adam Taylor, Tukwila Project Owner, at ataylor@healthpointchc.org or 206-414-8173

• Sherry Williams, HealthPoint’s VP of Community Engagement and External Relations, at swilliams@healthpointchc.org or (206) 349-1603 

Tukwila Village Rendering
Birdseye View of Tukwilla Village Layout
Aerial View
Tukwila Village Map Layout
Northwest Entry
Demo Day at Site

Tukwila Village Rendering

Birdseye View of Tukwilla Village Layout

Aerial View

Tukwila Village Map Layout

Northwest Entry

Demo Day