In 2019, HealthPoint conducted an in-depth community and stakeholder engagement process with the goal of understanding community needs and priorities and identifying potential partners who could be part of this exciting development. Some priorities that came out of this process included:
• Collaborating with a housing partner to develop approximately 100-125 to 175 units of affordable housing with a priority of housing families at risk of displacement
• Integrating space for local business—particularly those that can highlight the cultural diversity and vibrancy of Tukwila
• Developing space for community gatherings and for local non-profits that are well positioned to address social issues that impact health
• Partnering with an organization that can deliver fitness and recreation programming on Tukwila International Boulevard
• Engaging employment and education providers to promote economic wellbeing
• Providing space for an early childhood development center or childcare.
• Creating space for educational and employment support services, small local business, and more.
• Providing flexible space and ongoing community engagement will allow us to refine our vision and meet changing community needs.
Next Steps: HealthPoint has purchased 88,000 square foot from the City of Tukwila for $3,850,000, a million of which has been funded through a capital grant from the Department of Commerce. HealthPoint has also purchased an additional 22,000 square foot of adjacent property from a private seller. This additional land will allow us to partner with a wide range of agencies to achieve the full vision of the project. The total project cost for the land purchase and development is estimated at over $100,000,000, which will be funded through grants, a capital campaign, and other financing instruments. HealthPoint is now actively engaging potential partners to determine who is interested and able to play a role in this important project.
Global to Local
City of Tukwila
Somali health Board
King county Library – Tukwila branch
To learn more, please contact:
• Adam Taylor, Tukwila Project Owner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-414-8173
• Sherry Williams, HealthPoint’s VP of Community Engagement and External Relations, at email@example.com or (206) 349-1603