The HealthPoint community is heartbroken and appalled by last week’s killings in Atlanta. Sadly, we recognize that these killings are part of a pattern of increased violence and terrorism against people in the Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities since the start of the pandemic.
Many of our patients, staff, and family members are afraid to leave their homes for fear of being physically or verbally attacked. This is unacceptable and it must stop. Everyone has a right to feel safe and welcome in our communities.
We stand in solidarity with all AAPI communities against Anti-Asian violence, white supremacy, and terrorism. However, words of support are not enough. We are asking all members of the HealthPoint community, including our elected officials, to join us in taking action to Stop AAPI Hate.
Take Action to Stop AAPI Hate: stopaapihate.org/actnow
- Participate in virtual bystander intervention training.
- Advocate for policies that address the root causes of systemic racism.
- Review AAPI Racial Justice Resources and support local grassroots organizations doing important anti-racism and anti-hate work.
- Support Asian businesses
- Call out anti-Asian violence through social media
- Report Hate Crimes and Racist Incidents: